Monday, September 26, 2011

How to Make a Candy Corn Wreath

Fall has arrived and it is time to cozy up your home.  One of the first places I like to start my decorating for a new season is the front door.  A welcoming wreath says it all.  One thing that really screams Fall to me is candy corn so I decided to combine the two.

I purchased a foam wreath form at Jo-Ann's Fabrics and Crafts, an autumn floral pick, a roll of duct tape in orange, yellow and pinkish swirls to cover the form, and a package of candy corn at my local supermarket.   I originally planned to cover the whole form in candy corn but once I put on the tape I couldn't cover it up.  It looked interesting and very Fall like all on its own.  Instead I used my glue gun and just did one ring of candy corn around the center of the form.  I centered my floral pick at the bottom and hot glued on some extra silk leaves and then I tied a brown ribbon at the top.  To keep the bugs away from the candy corn I sprayed the wreath with a clear top coat protectant.


Now for about the cost of $10 I have a one-of-a-kind and very cool looking wreath to hang on my door.  Sure I could have bought one at The Dollar Store but it just wouldn't have been the same.  You be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment