Friday, September 2, 2011

Lamp Renovation



Above are the before and after pictures of a small bronze lamp I found at my local thrift store for $2.99.  You would normally put a round shade on a lamp with a round base but I wanted to mix it up a bit.  I found the square shade for $2.99 at the same thrift store.   The shade was a bit dingy but I figured I could do something with it and I really loved the shape.

To update the lamp I picked up a can of silver metallic spray paint, a roll of adhesive shelf liner and some decorative ribbon that had elements of the green and pink found in the shelf paper.  I spray painted the base and the electric chord and when dry I cut a piece of the shelf paper to fit, pulled off the backing and adhered it to the shade.  I then glued the ribbon around the top and bottom edges of the shade.   I actually purchased two of the lamps and shades so for $12 and the cost of about $6 in supplies I now have a cute pair of bedside lamps to grace my guest bedroom.  

1 comment: