Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How to Spice Up Bland Curtains

With the dreariness of winter upon us I decided to spice up my bland curtains.  I took the plain black curtain panel in my guest bath/laundry room and added black and white ribbon adorned with yellow buttons to the center of the curtain.  I attached the ribbon with velcro and the ribbon now serves to shorten the too long curtains as well.





A while back I made valances for my kitchen windows out of old sheets and fusible web since sewing isn't my thing.  To give them an update and tie in the color of my new antique kitchen cupboard I used a stencil and some green acrylic paint to create a vertical striped design along each valance.




Just these minor changes made such a difference.  Now my curtains are bright and cheery.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa...your curtains look wonderful. Such simple and easy ways of spicing them up! Stopped by to say thank you for leaving your lovely comment over at 21 Rosemary Lane.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Oh yes and I am proud to be your first follower!!!

    ReplyDelete