Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Make an Elegant Christmas Centerpiece


It is fun to take interesting items and turn them into something even more interesting.  I started with a what I was told was a cupcake holder.  To be honest that is not what I saw when I spotted it on a shelf at the Goodwill Store.


I wanted my theme to be elegant and wintry so I started by spray painting the cupcake holder white.  I also inserted a glass Christmas tree I had into the center.


I then added votive candleholders to each cup holder.  I had six around the house and had to purchase an additional six to fill each spot.


To glam things up even more I added Crystal drops I found at Michael's.  I added one to each candle location by sliding it onto the open wire end.


The final product looks like a modern candle tree.


To pull the whole tablescape together, I covered my table with a white table runner embellished with silver threaded flower petals I found at Homegoods.  To set my table I used silver chargers and white plates that I already had.  I added glass stemware that I had purchased over time at the Salvation Army Thrift Store to each place setting.   The silver napkins I purchased new from Homegoods.  For the final touch of bling I added burgundy red beaded napkin rings which I already had around each napkin.

I think the lighted candles against the white and silver elements makes for a very elegant display.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Love it Lisa! Great job and what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! That's thinking outside the box Lisa! Never would of thought of it!

    ReplyDelete