Saturday, March 24, 2012

Simple Spring Wreath


I was late this year in taking down my Christmas Wreath.  I kept waiting for winter but it never came.  I finally gave up and started to look forward to spring.  Rather than buy a ready-made wreath or use last years I decided to make one of my own.


My local craft store had all of the necessary materials.  I picked up a 12" floral craft ring made from MDF, a bag of Spanish moss, two faux floral branches and a clip-on feather tailed bird.  Total material cost was about $13.

If you would like to make your own, follow along with me.

I started off by using Elmer's Glue to adhere the moss around the entire ring.  I love the curly texture of the Spanish moss. 



While the glue dried, I pulled the flower petals off the ends of the branches and arranged them around the ring.  Once I liked the overall look, I used my glue gun to secure each flower in place. 


Lastly I clipped the bird to the top of the wreath with its feathered tail hanging down.   I think the yellow and red flowers really pop against the rusty red of my front door.  As far as I am concerned there is nothing more welcoming than a hand-made wreath.


No comments:

Post a Comment