Thursday, December 8, 2011

Embellishing for the Holidays

Getting ready for the holidays and thought I would add some more glitz and glam to the occasion.  I looked around to see what I might have that I could improve upon.



I took a yard sale wreath I found over the summer and clamped on a big glittery floral bow, two red birds and stuck in a couple of foliage and gold ornament picks.

Here it is adorning my front door to welcome guests.



I recently came across a bag of a dozen green wooden napkins rings for $.99 at the Salvation Army Thrift Store.  To dress them up I applied a 2 inch glitter snowflake ornament to each with my glue gun.  I also added clear self-adhesive gems I found at the craft store.



These will be the perfect addition to my holiday table.


If you have done any home decor shopping recently, you know mercury glass is big.    A colleague of mine told me about a product called Looking Glass from Krylon.  I found it in the craft store in the art glass section.  I took a basic glass hurricane vase I purchased at Walmart and glued a pedestal candle holder to the bottom to give it more height.  I spray painted the inside of the vase with several light coats of the mirror finish as directed.




After it dried thoroughly I placed a pillar candle inside.  The flame dances and glows beautifully from within and it too will be a great addition to my holiday table.


     


No comments:

Post a Comment